Lake St. Clair Fishing inside Canada is Open to U.S. … with a few rules
SEE LATEST 2023 JANUARY UPDATE HERE @ https://www.lakestclairguide.com/fish-boat-canada-lake-st-clair-american-citizen/
According to the Canada Border Services Agency, starting August 9, 2021 fully vaccinated United States citizens and permanent residents will be eligible to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) reasons, such as tourism, however these individuals must:
1) Be fully vaccinated: to be considered fully vaccinated, a traveler must have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
2) be residing in and travelling from the U.S.;
3) have a valid pre-arrival COVID-19 molecular test result taken in the U.S. (antigen tests are not accepted);
4) be asymptomatic;
5) submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN, including proof of vaccination in English or French;
6) be admissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
7) take a test on arrival, if required.
***Lake St. Clair area fishermen may fish Canada waters as long as you do not anchor or stop on shore – see text below.***
According to the Canada Border Services Agency, “Travelers arriving by marine mode will be required to provide proof of a valid COVID-19 molecular test result taken before arriving in Canada. They will also be required to submit their mandatory information including their proof of vaccination and suitable quarantine plan in ArriveCAN before or when entering Canada.
***If a boat does not land in Canada, doesn’t make contact with another boat, doesn’t moor or anchor while in Canadian waters, other than anchoring in accordance with the right of innocent passage under international law, the travelers will not be required to submit a pre-arrival test or their mandatory information via ArriveCAN.”
Link to FULL TEXT of press release @ https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2021/08/travel-advisory-reminder–on-august-9th-new-public-health-measures-will-come-into-force-affecting-travel-to-canada.html
Click image or this text to reserve Mr. Muskie Charters out of St. Clair Shores… they are ready!
Not vaccinated and have your own boat? You are most welcomed to stay on the Michigan side with your boat at one of our many local vacation rentals geared to fishermen @ https://www.stclairrental.info/