Saturday, October 15, one of, if not the largest collection of antique boat racing engines will be on display at the 11th Annual Byron, MI Swap Meet. Along with the featured collection of 185 outboard racing motors and Chris Craft experimentals, there will be a flea market and swap meet.
11th Annual Byron Swap Meet
October 15, 2016
* Co-hosted by Wolverine & Great Lakes Chapters *
Residence of Elaine & Mark Suter at 4368 Braden Road, Byron, MI 48418. Use this address with your GPS or on the internet to get a map or driving directions. (Byron Michigan is 1 to 1 1/2 hours west from the shores of Lake St. Clair)
* Situated in two heated pole barns and on the adjacent grounds.
* Multiple porta-johns will be provided.
* Sit-down lunch of Sloppy-Joes, baked beans, coleslaw, peaches with lemon curd, potato chips, beverage & dessert available for a $6 donation.
* Featuring Mark’s collection of 185 outboard racing motors and 12 racing boats and Elaine’s collection of “micro” motors (less than 2 HP) and other selected non-racing motors of significant historical interest… many new items since last year.
* Huge flea market so clean out your basement & garage and bring those unwanted items to sell; find those needed winter projects.
* Protected & vented outdoor test tank available for running motors.
* Mark’s shop will be open for those that want to work on problem motors… tap the attending “experts” for help in getting your problem motor running.
* Large outboard show motor display with Peoples’ Choice awards from the Wolverine Chapter this year in 10 categories + 2 Best of Show… so bring your best motors & stands (limit 2 motors per person in the competition).
* This meet will be huge… there is plenty of room inside if the weather is inclement but we have ordered great weather for this meet… you just can’t afford to miss this one!
* No dogs allowed at this meet.